Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm new to blogging so here we go. Who will Sandoval appoint to replace John Ensign?

If Dean Heller is appointed and a special election is conducted, who will you get to choose from?  One scenario is those who wish to run will file and the top vote-getter wins.  This way you get to choose from a group of individuals.  Another scenario has the county commissions make choices then narrows them down to one from each major party.  A third scenario has the political parties decide.  The parties would make up the rules.

As much as I would like to have all candidates run, I would rather see a "placeholder" appointed than to leave it in the hands of a few political operatives.  That just doesn't sound constitutional.  If it is decided that the voters won't be choosing who runs, then I hope someone sues for our right to vote.  I don't have the means to do that but perhaps someone else will.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment